When it comes to taking CBD, there’s a range of different options to choose from. For those who need immediate and potent relief for their symptoms, vaping CBD is the most highly recommended method.
While vaping was invented around a decade ago as a smoking cessation device for those wanting to give up smoking tobacco, these days people also use vaporizers to take CBD in a highly effective way. Having been one of the most successful smoking cessation methods to date, vaping soon became the favored choice for people interested in taking hemp and cannabis extracts such as THC and CBD. THC is the psychoactive component in cannabis associated with “getting high.” CBD is a non-psychoactive compound in cannabis and hemp which doesn’t make you high but does offer numerous therapeutic benefits.
Why Use CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is one of many compounds in the hemp plant that was isolated for the first time in the 1960s by scientists in Israel. CBD is non-psychoactive, non-toxic and non-addictive and can be taken as an ‘isolate’ or as part of a full-spectrum formulation. Some people suffering from conditions such as pain, insomnia, inflammation, and anxiety enjoy substantial relief from CBD when taken in the right amount and dosage. CBD can be used as a safe and natural alternative to pharmaceutical medications or simply as a daily wellness supplement. The great thing about CBD is that it offers no disorienting sensations and leaves both body and mind feeling relaxed and calm.
Bear in mind that not all CBD is equal and you need to know which type to choose before you buy.
- Broad Spectrum CBD: This is CBD extract which contains terpenes and other cannabinoids (with THC less than 0.3%)
- Full Spectrum CBD: This is CBD extract which contains terpenes and cannabinoids (with THC sometimes higher than 0.3%)
- CBD Isolate: This is 100% pure CBD with no added cannabinoids or terpenes
Vaping CBD Vs. CBD Edibles
CBD vape juice and edibles like gummies and CBD oil tinctures both contain the same active compounds. However, due to the different delivery systems, they affect the body in different ways. When CBD is taken orally – whether sublingually or via the stomach – it takes 2-3 hours for the compounds to enter the bloodstream and start taking effect. When CBD is vaped in vape juice or CBD flowers, it enters the bloodstream via the lungs and that means the effects are felt almost instantaneously. Those seeking an ongoing, slow-release of CBD may opt for edible options, while people needing immediate relief will usually benefit more from vaping CBD.
There are three main advantages of vaping CBD.
- Immediate Effects: When CBD is vaped via the lungs it enters the system almost instantaneously and peaks within around 15 minutes
- Controllable Dosing: It’s far easier to control and regulate ones’ dosing when it comes to CBD simply by vaping. That way you can take just the right amount of the compound without having to second guess the dose or wait two hours for it to kick in
- Cost-Effective: Many people save their hard-earned money when they vape CBD. That’s because when CBD is vaped it offers the highest bioavailability possible for the compound in the system.
Why Vape CBD?
Vaping CBD is one of the best ways to introduce natural compounds from hemp into the system rapidly. CBD can be taken in a number of different ways including orally via CBD oil tinctures, in edibles such as CBD gummies and CBD topicals including creams and balms. Various CBD vape juices on the market today contain CBD, cannabinoids, and terpenes, blended with chemical-based carrier liquids called VG (Vegetable Glycerin) and PG (Propylene Glycol). And while vaping has seen some controversy in the media recently, and is still unapproved by the FDA, it is generally considered to be safer than smoking tobacco.
There are three main categories of CBD vape juice on the market these days.
- CBD Vape Juice with PG/VG: This is CBD vape juice containing CBD and terpenes and a mixture of PG and VG (chemical-based carriers)
- CBD Vape Juice With MCT: This is CBD vape juice containing CBD and terpenes inside a suspension of MCT oil (Medium-Chain Triglycerides)
- CBD Vape Juice With Pure Hemp: This is CBD vape juice containing CBD and terpenes inside a pure hemp extract suspension (Such as the PhenoPen’s CBD Vape Pen)
Why Choose Pure Hemp Extract CBD?
While PG, VG and MCT oils are all approved as food-grade ingredients by the FDA, they are not approved for vaping. That means that no one really knows the long-term effect that vaping these oils has on the lungs (or other organs in the body). For that reason, there’s the option of choosing CBD vape juice which comes inside pure hemp extract as the liquid carrier and contains zero PG, VG or MCTs. PhenoPen uses a proprietary blend of carefully crafted cannabinoids including a potent CBD concentration of 59.7%. The thing that makes PhenoPen different from other similar products on the market though is the specially-extracted hemp extract used to carry the compounds.
There are three primary reasons why choosing pure hemp extract CBD is a good idea.
- Vaping pure hemp extract (with CBD) means there’s no PG, VG, MCT or other chemical additives in the mix
- Pure hemp extract has a delicious, nutty, earthy aroma and taste
- You benefit from the full-spectrum of hemp extract when your vape juice is pure
What to Look Out For When Buying CBD
The good news is that CBD is considered to be non-toxic, non-addictive, non-psychoactive and generally safe and well-tolerated by most people. With that said, there are some things to look out for when it comes to buying CBD (especially online). While the majority of CBD on the market is safe – usually as long as it’s made in the USA or Europe – you need to double-check a few things before you buy.
Here’s what to look out for when buying CBD
- Reputable Vendors: Possibly one of the most important things is to make sure you buy your CBD from w reputable vendor whose reputation proceeds them. You can check this by reading verified customer reviews and getting a feel for the vendor
- Third-Party Lab Results: Any reputable CBD vendor worth their salt will send all of their CBD (and other vape additives) for rigorous testing by an approved, third-party lab facility. These should be available in a transparent way on the vendor’s website.
- Pure Hemp: As previously mentioned, and in light of the current controversy surrounding some vaping products on the market, it’s well worth going for full peace of mind and opting for a CBD vape product that contains only pure hemp and nothing else.